PRE-ORDER - THE SHADOWS - FBI (STUDIO, LIVE AND RADIO CONTENT) 1959-1962 - IMPORT CD
Orders placed from the 22nd May - Stock has been exhausted from the supplier so it needs to be repressed again. Repressed stock is now due end of June beginning of July. Sorry for the delay.
Special Price For A Limited Time.
A real treat for fans of the most famous guitar group in the history of popular music!!!
As a part of our cooperation with other small independent publishers (this time it’s Dusty
Tapes), Kameleon present a CD that features authentic rare and very rare recordings of The
Shadows from 1959-1962.
Anyone of these recordings (in these versions) didn’t appear on any catalogue on CDs and
compilations released for years by EMI, and now by Warner Music.
Two thirds of the album are recordings of perfect quality, while the remaining third are from extremely
valuable archives, which, unfortunately, have been preserved only in very average and only
34 recordings and over 79 minutes of music !!!
Notes from the label:
- 5 very rare studio recordings in perfect quality (including the stereo and true “wide” version
of the famous FBI track — the stereo versions released so far on CDs had either a terrible sound or
a narrowed panorama; a completely different, early take of Guitar Tango — still with Jet
Harris on bass guitar; “clean” version of Happy Birthday To You track — version known from
Cliff Richard’s LP – 21 Today has a drowned out sound The Shadows playing.
- 8 BBC recordings in really perfect quality (including unpublished versions of Man of Mystery
- 11 concert recordings from the Paris Olympia from 1961/1962 (top quality) assembled into
one smooth concert (without mute applause), supplemented with slightly worse quality, but
very valuable for collectors recordings from British TV performances and other concerts
from the era (including the unique vocal song More Than I Can Say, to which the band
returned in instrumental and other arrangements only in 1981 on the album Hits Right Up
- 7 tracks from the session for Radio Luxembourg (unfortunately preserved only in purely
collector-quality off-air, but here sounding really decent) — 4 of these compositions (Cerveza,
Barney’s Blues, Licorice, Three-30-Blues) have never been released on any band album!!!
- all recordings have been really very carefully remastered from the best-preserved copies
and, what is important, except for the optimal (for archival recordings) sound they have the
corrected speed here
- edition in a gatefold, laminated card sleeve with a special envelope for the album, referring
to the covers of the British singles of the band from 1960-1962
See images for track info.